I have now finished by second Jersey top using Burda magazine pattern 106B from February 2011. Here are the photos.
I made this top from leftover stretch jersey from my black and pinky brown leggings. (The pinky brown leggings are in the first two pictures). I decided to have the lighter colour on the top. I simply cut both strips of fabric on the lengthwise grain, then pinned and sewed them together.
Without realising it I had my first go at matching up stripes. I can't remember exactly what I measured now but I was there with my ruler measuring something and they have matched perfectly.
My attempt to be all green and use up leftover fabric may go slightly out of the window. The top doesn't look right with my denim skirt because of the black strip but the pinky brown would make a nice top on its own. The top looks ok with the black skirt in the first two pictures but it would look better with a skirt in the same fabric as the black. I may have to go and buy more fabric in both colours now!
The top also goes with jeans (last picture) and black trousers (third picture).
I used a different method for the sleeves this time. Last time I used the "set-in sleeve" method where you sew the side seams and the sleeve seams first. This time I did the opposite - attaching the sleeves before you sew the side seams and the sleeve seams. This method is the one used by Angela Kane on her shirt videos (which are available to full members of her site). I have to say Angela's method is a lot easier to sew and is one I will be using in the future. My advice for this method is pins, pins and more pins.
I'm currently working on a wrap top at the moment. I have had a busy couple of months at work. It has calmed down a bit now so I may be able to get some sewing done during the week.