Friday, 27 May 2011

Crescent Muslin Finished!

After a couple of late night posts on my progress I have now finished the muslin.  Here are some photos.






I cut out size 12 of the Crescent pattern.  And guess what?  It needs no alterations.  I can't quite believe it myself as I have such an awkward figure for clothes.  I have not hemmed it and I think for the final garment I will cut some extra length so the final length is just above the knee as above.

I was not sure what this fabric would look like sewn up.  Yes it is too good for muslin (I have ordered some from Ebay as I am a muslin convert now).   I got it from Hobbycraft and I'm not sure if it is a quilting weight fabric (which Tasia says is OK for this skirt).   I also wasn't sure about the colour when I got it home.   It turns out I love the fabric.  After all my work in making the muslin I will be unpicking this and sewing it into a final skirt.  I have an aqua green linen for my final skirt so I will be making that next.

I love the shape of this skirt.  I can't wait until it's finished.

It's the long bank holiday weekend and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment