Saturday, 6 August 2011

My Fabric Friday for August

It's that time of the month again when I update my Fabric Friday challenge.  This is where I wear a hand stitched item on dress down Friday at work, which happens once a month.  Here's what I wore yesterday, snapped late yesterday evening.






Excuse the blurry (and dark) pictures.  I bought a fancy camera a while back and I don't know how to stop it doing this when using the timer.  I'm assuming it's my photography skills rather than the camera itself.

Anyway I wore my "Here comes the sun" top with, you guessed it, jeans.  I was going to wear my Burda wrap cardigan with it yesterday but I was assured before I left for work that it would be hot and I wouldn't need it.  Needless to say it wasn't that hot yesterday and I think I could have done with it when I went out at lunchtime.   I've given up on the British summer this year.  If you want to make an appearance great but if not, whatever.

I was going to wear my Jade crescent skirt yesterday but decided against it.  I think I would be worried about tearing it or dirtying it.   Even though I have an office job and sit at a desk for most of the day I still feel that I need to wear something akin to a hard wearing "uniform".  My ready to wear shift dresses and suits are perfect during the week and act like a uniform and I want to feel the same on these dress down days.   Even though my Jade crescent is sturdier than the other two cotton ones, and is lined, I still felt it wasn't sturdy enough.

This top looks great with jeans and in fact I haven't worn it on its own with jeans before.  I love the drape of the fabric.  I really should get around to making another one in a similar drapey fabric.  I like how the sleeves extend to cover the top of my shoulders providing some coverage in that area.

I am currently working on a shift dress.  It has been an interesting experiment.  I have no idea at this stage if it is going to work.  I hope so but if not it has been a great learning process.

Happy Sewturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment