Friday, 7 October 2011

Pink Sail Boat Top

Here's a quick and easy project I've finished.  






This is my third make of this pattern, after my "I Am Sailing" top here and my "Take Two" top here.  I used pattern 106B from the February 2011 issue of Burda.  A straightforward jersey top.  I actually finished this at the beginning of September when I had two weeks' holiday from work.  I wanted something easy to do having just finished the challenging Peter Pan Collar Shift Dress.

This light pink colour is not something I would normally go for.  As a 12 year old girl I loved this colour, as did all my 12 year old friends.  I can't remember the last time I wore this colour, apart from pyjamas.  It's possible I haven't worn anything in this colour since I was 12.

So why did I buy the fabric now?  When I made my Velour T-Shirt in white  I had a bee in my bonnet about wanting to make one in light pink velour.  I couldn't find any velour so I consoled myself with buying some stretch jersey to make something pink.   I made this top so that I could have more tops to wear with jeans and my denim skirts.  As the summer was nearly at an end I decided to make a long sleeved top using a tried and tested pattern.

I used Vilene bias tape on the shoulder and arm seams for extra reinforcement.  I was going to leave it plain but decided to sew on a motif.  I bought the same sail boat motifs that I used for my "I Am Sailing" top.  I wasn't sure if they would go with pink but I think it works.  I like it anyway.  It is quite a thin jersey so it's a little bit like pyjamas.  I will be wearing it as a very casual top to throw on.

I'm working on a casual hoody top at the moment.  I'm not sure how much sewing I'll get done this weekend but I might head upstairs soon.

Happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment