Saturday, 28 April 2012

Lonsdale Muslin

I'm so excited to have finished my Lonsdale muslin already.  Here's a picture of how it's looking so far.




How lovely is the Lonsdale?  I'm a bit late to the party with this one.  I bought the pattern in the pre-sale and wasn't inspired to make it last summer with everyone else.  Well, I've now been well and truly Lonsdaled and I can't wait to finish this one.  There may even be multiple makes like my Crescent skirt!

I traced out the pattern last night.  I did the size 12 straight with no adjustments.  The only adjustment I needed was to the hips and the lower part of the skirt.  I've taken in this area by about an inch so the skirt is a bit less flarey.  I just need to transfer these adjustments to the pattern pieces and I'm ready to go.  Obviously with the muslin I didn't do the duplicate facings for the bodice and waistband pieces.  There is a little bit of room there so I hope it works out out.

There was a funny moment when I was trying it on.  I forgot that you knotted it at the top!  I was wondering why it looked odd for about two seconds until I remembered!

I know others have said this but this is really easy to sew up.  Lots of straight lines.  Best of all it has no darts!  I don't know why but I hate sewing darts.

You've probably heard that Tasia is about to release her new pattern - the Cambie dress. I got the email about it yesterday.  I was going to sit the Cambie out but today I have changed my mind unsurprisingly!

Happy sewing.

4 comments:

  1. This is looking really good! It's so nice when a muslin fits...And yes, the Cambie pattern is really cute! I would love to make it but realistically I have to finish my million other projects first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. I was pleasantly surprised that the bodice fitted. I love it when that happens as they're a pain to adjust. I wish I had your resolve to resist the Cambie. I have too many purchased patterns unmade at this point!

      Delete
  2. Hooray Lonsdale! It's nice that this way so easy to fit (I had an easy time, too-- maybe because it ties at the top, it's a bit more adjustable and easier to fit?). You're going to look smashing! What fashion fabric have you selected?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the Lonsdale! I was thinking tonight about making a Lonsdale top as I love the top part. I'll not get distracted though so I'll get going with the dress. I'm using some gingham in my stash. I haven't decided which colour yet. I've never had anything gingham before so that'll be a first for me!

      Delete