Friday, 5 October 2012

Re-fashioning in 1926

Thank goodness modern re-fashioning techniques are significantly more advanced than in this delightful clip from 1926!  There's no sound but if there was it would be something like: "Get your scissors, hack this bit off here, the sleeves off there, pin this on here and ... ta da!  Finishing? I don't know what you mean."





They've desecrated a perfectly nice dress. To be fair the final dress looks OK from a distance.  What do you think?

Still no sewing around these parts. The renovations are slowly taking shape though!

Happy sewing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Do you find refashioning a little scary? I've only tried it once, and it was a complete bust! I need to become more fearless about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually. I've never been able to embrace it (and I'm not referring to easy things like shortening something). I would worry that it looks like it's been re-fashioned. I suppose the trick is to make it so that no-one would guess! A bit like not wanting sewing to look "homemade".

      Delete