Sunday, 29 September 2013

Tutorial: Lined bellows pocket with flap

UPDATE from 6 June 2014: My cloud storage has now changed from Rapidshare to Dropbox.  I have adjusted the links below to Dropbox.  Any problems let me know.  Katy.

I have now finished the first of my tutorials following my second Minoru jacket - the fully lined bellows pocket with a flap.  Here are some pictures of the finished pocket to remind you what it looks like.








There are too many steps to insert into a blog post so this tutorial is available as a download using this link.  I use Dropbox for my on-line cloud storage and the link takes you to the file uploaded there.  Ignore the hyperlinks I created in the document.  They no longer work since I converted the document to a ".doc" format.

UPDATE on 6 June 2014.  I tested the link above today and it downloaded quickly for me, no more than 2 minutes.  I have not yet moved over to Dropbox any of the links to pattern pieces etc referred to in the paragraph below.  Please let me know if you would like the links in the paragraph below and I will arrange for the links to be added.

I also created pattern pieces using the free Google Sketch Up application which can be downloaded using this link.  You need to have Sketch Up loaded on your computer to open the file - see the link to Sketch Up here if you want to download it.  For those with access to Windows: please see the instructions using this link for printing the pieces to scale.  (I haven't tested this as I don't have access to Windows but my techie brother assures me it works).  Mac users: I don't think you can print to scale on the free version of Sketch up.  You can view the shape of the pieces on the Sketch Up document or you can refer to this link to see the measurements I used to draw my pattern pieces.

The lining is pretty nifty and I think the principle and the pattern pieces can be extended and adapted to make a lined hand bag.  

Please let me know if you have any problems opening the links.

Happy sewing. 


2 comments: